Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vanilla cupcakes recipe (part 1)

Hello again! 
A few days ago it was my daddy's birthday and as I wrote here I always bake something for the birthday of my beloved ones! As I am obsessed lately with trying to find the best cupcake recipe, I once again decided to bake cupcakes! Fortunately this time I had a little more time...so I didn't have to cheat like I did for my brother's cupcakes

  So I searched I bit on the internet to find a simple and tested vanilla cupcake recipe and I wrote it down to my little recipe notebook. 
  If you are a cupcake lover yourself read along! 
  Here's what you'll need :







 3 large eggs








1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder










1/4 teaspoon salt










zest of 1 large lemon (this one is from my lemon tree in the back yard!)









1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract









1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature









2/3 cup (130 grams) granulated sugar









1 1/2 cup (195 grams) all purpose flour 









1/4 cup (60 ml) milk






Ready??...... lets start!!




Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.






 


    Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.








    With the mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.








    Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.










                          Beat in the vanilla extract. 








    In an other bowl whisk together the lemon zest, flour, baking    
    powder and salt.





    With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture 
    and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the
    flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.



 

    Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about
    15-20 minutes or just toothpick inserted in center comes out
    clean.





    Let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove them
    from the muffin cups and let them cool completely. 




Stay tuned for a cream cheese frosting recipe and pictures of the final result!Bon Appétit

I found the recipe at Joy of Baking,com

No comments:

Post a Comment